The following courses are a requirement for History PhD and MPhil candidates:
HIST9101 The Craft of History: Approaches, Themes, Methods (foundation course run in semester 1)
HIST9102 The Professional Historian: Advanced Training (thesis proposal development seminars are usually run in second semester, while components of the professional communication module may be undertaken throughout the year)
New HDRs are also required to complete training in research ethics by taking the Research Integrity Training module within three months of commencing their research degree.
HIST9101 and HIST9102 must be enrolled for separately. It is not automatic. To do so, you will need to request a change of enrolment via ISIS. Please note you will need to select 'Postgraduate' from the drop down menu, rather than 'Research'.
- Go to ISIS, and from Useful Links to the right or left of your home page click Manage My Degree (MMD). If you can’t see this, navigate to Navigator\Main Menu\ISIS\Degree Management\Manage My Degree
- Select MMD-HDR – Manage My Degree – HDR.
- In the Action Selection tab: Change enrolment - Add/Drop Courses.
- Select term: Semester 1 or Semester 2
- Select Type: it’s always Postgraduate
- Submit when you are ready.